To improve reading skills of a class with different learning levels, conduct assessments to categorize students according to levels and then divide them into different learning groups.
1. Fix parameters to categorize children into different reading levels. Use these parameters:
2. Conduct a reading and writing assessment of all students in class to find their levels.
3. Based on the assessment, categorize students into different levels:
Number of students Good Medium Poor Cannot do at all Reading Dictation Transcription Independent writing
4. Divide students into three major categories:
5. Within each learning group, categorize students further using :
Can read Can write Can transcript Can’t do anything Alphabets Words Simple sentences Sentences witd complex words Simple paragraphs Paragraphs
6. Evaluate children regularly based on the given parameters.
7. Based on progress, shift children to other groups.
"Differentiated instruction, based on learning levels, is crucial in catering to student needs and in improving learning outcomes."